|Title:||Safety Compliance Associate|
A career opportunity at Hatteras is an opportunity to become part of our ambition, diversity, and culture and to have a chance to learn from, work with, and grow professionally among people who are leaders in their fields. We are always looking for creative, bright, hard-working individuals to join the Hatteras team!
We are currently looking for a Safety Compliance Associate.
Seeking an energetic, detail-oriented individual with compliance, audit, or analyst experience in the printing industry to work in a fast paced environment. This position has potential to be elevated to manager level in 12-18 months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Compliance Manager with all matters related to company’s certifications (ISO, FSC, GRACoL, etc.), environmental permitting/reporting, and adherence to other local, state, and federal regulations
- Update, formalize, and monitor company’s Health & Safety plan
- Work with department managers to create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Conduct periodic internal audits to ensure SOPs are being followed
- Evaluate and qualify new suppliers & subcontractors, audit performance of current providers
- Source and/or conduct appropriate training for employees based on their job requirements
- Proactively collaborate with all departments on continuous improvement, error reduction, and compliance with operating guidelines established by company’s Quality Management System
- Other duties and tasks (including record keeping) as established by Compliance Manager
- 1-3 years of experience in a regulatory, compliance, audit, or analyst role
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detailed oriented nature with analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to multi-task and/or tolerate shifting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work individually and as part of collaborative team across various departments
- Strong computer and technical skills including intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- 2 or 4 year college degree
- Experience in the printing industry
- Awareness of pharmaceutical supplier protocol
Hatteras is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hatteras does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.